St. Mary Catholic Scholarship and Tuition Assistance
St. Mary Parish will be offering two scholarships in 2020 to support worthy students’ Catholic education at St. Joseph Catholic Academy High School. The Parish will award one $500.00 scholarship to each of the selected incoming 9th grade student. This is a one-time payment made directly to the school for tuition on behalf of the student.
The scholarship will be awarded after careful review of all applications received, along with the requested documents. The criteria to be used by the selection committee are as follows:
- Strong Christ-centered values and a desire to continue their Catholic education.
- Academic performance of at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale or equivalent and academic honors.
- School and non-school extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, music, and theater, etc. One of the scholarships is to recognize leadership, good sportsmanship, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership skills.
- Student’s family is a registered and active member of St. Mary Parish.
- Family financial need may be taken into consideration at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
A scholarship application can be obtained by contacting:
- The Parish Office at St. Mary’s,
- The Admissions Office at St. Joseph Catholic Academy (upper campus) or reviewing the school’s website,
- The All Saints Catholic Academy campus office, and
- St. Mary’s website
To be considered for the scholarship, the Application, grade transcripts, and at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher must be received by the St. Mary Parish Office [Attn: Scholarship Committee] by noon, April 3, 2020. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact John P. Higgins (Parish Trustee-Secretary) at 262-697-3623 or [email protected].
St. Mary Parish in continuing its commitment to Catholic education in Kenosha is offering tuition assistance to parish families who might not be able to send their children to either St. Joseph Catholic Academy or All Saints Catholic School during the 2020/2021 school year. You will find the details here.