St. Mary Catholic Scholarship and Tuition Assistance
St. Mary Parish will be offering two scholarships in 2021 to support worthy students’ Catholic education at St. Joseph Catholic Academy High School. The Parish will award one $500.00 scholarship to each of the selected incoming 9th grade student. This is a one-time payment made directly to the school for tuition on behalf of the student.
The scholarship will be awarded after careful review of all applications received, along with the requested documents. The criteria to be used by the selection committee is as follows:
- Strong Christ-centered values and a desire to continue their Catholic education.
- Academic performance of at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale or equivalent and academic honors.
- School and non-school extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, music, and theater, etc. One of the scholarships, the Thomas J. Higgins Memorial Scholarship, recognizes leadership, good sportsmanship, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership skills.
- Student’s family is a registered and an active member of St. Mary Parish.
- Family financial need may be taken into consideration at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
A scholarship application can be obtained by contacting:
- Mary’s Parish Office, or reviewing the Parish website at www.stmarycatholic.org,
- The Admissions Office at St. Joseph Catholic Academy (upper campus) or reviewing the school’s website,
- The School Office at All Saints Catholic Academy campus office or reviewing the School’s website.
To be considered for the scholarships the attached Application, grade transcripts and at least one letter of recommendation is to be delivered to the St. Mary Parish Office [Attn: Scholarship Committee] by noon on April 7, 2021. You may also submit the application and required materials electronically to jhig[email protected] by that same date and time. If you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact John P. Higgins [Parish Trustee-Secretary] at 262-697-3623 or [email protected].
St. Mary Parish in continuing its commitment to Catholic education in Kenosha is offering tuition assistance to parish families who might not be able to send their children to either St. Joseph Catholic Academy or All Saints Catholic School during the 2020/2021 school year. You will find the details here.