St. Mary Catholic Scholarship and Tuition Assistance
St. Mary Parish will be offering two scholarships in 2021 to support worthy students’ Catholic education at St. Joseph Catholic Academy High School. The Parish will award one $500.00 scholarship to each of the selected incoming 9th grade student. This is a one-time payment made directly to the school for tuition on behalf of the student.
The scholarship will be awarded after careful review of all applications received, along with the requested documents. The criteria to be used by the selection committee is as follows:
- Strong Christ-centered values and a desire to continue their Catholic education.
- Academic performance of at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale or equivalent and academic honors.
- School and non-school extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, music, and theater, etc. One of the scholarships, the Thomas J. Higgins Memorial Scholarship, recognizes leadership, good sportsmanship, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership skills.
- Student’s family is a registered and an active member of St. Mary Parish.
- Family financial need may be taken into consideration at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
A scholarship application can be obtained by contacting:
- Mary’s Parish Office, or reviewing the Parish website at www.stmarycatholic.org,
- The Admissions Office at St. Joseph Catholic Academy (upper campus) or reviewing the school’s website,
- The School Office at All Saints Catholic Academy campus office or reviewing the School’s website.
To be considered for the scholarships the attached Application, grade transcripts and at least one letter of recommendation is to be delivered to the St. Mary Parish Office [Attn: Scholarship Committee] by noon on April 7, 2021 (Deadline extended - see below)*. You may also submit the application and required materials electronically to [email protected] by that same date and time. If you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact John P. Higgins [Parish Trustee-Secretary] at 262-697-3623 or [email protected].
* St. Mary’s Scholarships – Deadline Extended
The deadline for applying for the St. Mary Congregation scholarships has been extended until noon on April 23, 2021. The two $500.00 scholarships are being offered to worthy eighth grade students who will attend St. Joseph Academy as ninth graders for the 2021-2022 school year. Scholarship applications are available in the parish office, and at All Saints School and St. Joe’s upper campus. Applications can also be found on the parish website as well as each school’s website. The scholarships are only open to members of St. Mary’s Parish.
The application and the requested supporting documentation must be submitted to the Parish office or be electronically submitted to [email protected] by noon on April 23, 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact John Higgins at (262)945-8744 or at [email protected]
St. Mary Parish, in continuing its commitment to Catholic education in Kenosha, is offering tuition assistance to parish families who might not be able to send their children to either St. Joseph Catholic Academy or All Saints Catholic School during the 2021/2022 school year. You will find the details here.