St. Mary Catholic Scholarship and Tuition Assistance
- MARY CATHOLIC PARISH
2023 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION & DATA SHEET
St. Mary Parish will be offering two scholarships in 2023 to support worthy students’ Catholic education at St. Joseph Catholic Academy High School. The Parish will award one $500.00 scholarship to each of the selected incoming 9th grade students. This is a one-time payment made directly to the school for tuition on behalf of the student.
The scholarship will be awarded after careful review of all applications received, along with the requested documents. The criteria to be used by the selection committee is as follows:
- Strong Christ-centered values and a desire to continue their Catholic education.
- Academic performance of at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale or equivalent and academic honors.
- School and non-school extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, music, and theater, etc. One of the scholarships, the Thomas J. Higgins Memorial Scholarship, recognizes leadership, good sportsmanship, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Leadership skills.
- Student’s family is a registered and an active member of St. Mary Parish.
- Family financial need may be taken into consideration at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
A scholarship application can be obtained by contacting:
- Mary’s Parish Office, or HERE 2023 St. Mary Scholarship Application
- The Admissions Office at St. Joseph Catholic Academy (upper campus) or reviewing the school’s website, or
- The School Office at All Saints Catholic Academy campus office or reviewing the school’s website.
To be considered for the scholarships the attached Application, grade transcripts and at least one letter of recommendation must be delivered to the St. Mary Parish Office [Attn: Scholarship Committee] by noon on April 28, 2023. You may also submit the application and required materials electronically to [email protected] by that same date and time. If you have any questions or need assistance you can contact John P. Higgins [Parish Trustee-Secretary] at 262-697-3623 or [email protected].
- MARY CATHOLIC PARISH 2023 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDING
INFORMATION REGARDING AWARDING SCHOLARSHIP
- Upon determining scholarship recipient, the recipient will be notified of that determination by Fr. Roman or his designee.
- All Applicants will be notified in writing of the awarding of the scholarship as soon as possible after the determination is made.
- The awarding of the scholarship will be announced in the Parish’s Sunday Bulletin after all applicants have been notified of the selection.
- The scholarship check will be forwarded to St. Joseph Catholic Academy on behalf of the recipient once the above three items have been completed.
2. Tuition Assistance
St. Mary Parish, in continuing its commitment to Catholic education in Kenosha, is offering tuition assistance to parish families who might not be able to send their children to either St. Joseph Catholic Academy or All Saints Catholic School during the 2023/2024 school year. You will find the details here.