Weekday Mass - Friday, May 29, 2020
A Message from Fr. Roman
All Masses are suspended until May 30, 2020. The dispensation for not attending Mass has been extended until early July. If we return to having Masses in late May, you would still be dispensed from attending Mass if sick, ill, or suffering a health condition.
There is no guarantee we will begin to celebrate Mass on May 31. We will await direction from Archbishop Listecki.
Palms will be distributed at a later date when we can come together as a community.
No parking lot Masses. The Archbishop has said that we cannot have parking lot Masses (drive-in style). The distribution of communion is reserved for viaticum—for those who are very sick, very ill, or near death. We are not allowed to separate the Eucharist from Mass because that is where it properly belongs.
The Common Good. In our Catholic faith, there’s a very important moral teaching – the common good. I know this is a very difficult time—we are separated and distant. We find ourselves sometimes alone and perhaps even depressed. But as Catholics, we have a moral obligation in terms of the common good to protect each other and the public health.
- If we want to save a life, we stay home.
- If we want to save a life, we social distance ourselves.
- If we want to save a life, we wash our hands.
- If we want to save a life, we do not touch our face.
By doing these things, we are contributing to the common good. In this case, we’re contributing to the common good in terms of public health.
Scam Alert. Please be careful of scams. People are receiving emails that seemingly come from me, the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, or St. Mary’s. Those are all scams. The only way to contribute to the parish is online, by dropping off your contribution at the parish office, or by the US Postal Service Mail.
Stay Connected. Continue to stay connected through our website, Facebook, YouTube, and robo calls. Keep your faith, hope, and love alive. There will come a time again when we’ll all gather in the church as brothers and sisters once again to celebrate the Eucharist.
Thank you to all who are able to support the parish. I appreciate it very much.
Peace and blessings,
WeShare Online Giving
A safe, socially distant, and simple way to continue to support St. Mary’s parish during this time is to use our online donation tool, WeShare. You can create a recurring donation or a one-time donation. You will find WeShare here. Father Roman appreciates those of you who are able to continue to support the parish.
Video Message - May 20, 2020
Video Message - May 20, 2020 Returning to Mass at St. Mary
The Catholic Comeback
Due to concerns related to the Coronavirus (CoVid-19) outbreak, we have had to make the following cancellations:
- Effective Wednesday, March 18th, All Masses will be suspended through Sunday, May 30th. The priests will still celebrate the Mass without an assembly in their parishes, including the Sunday "pro populo" Masses.
- All Pre-K through Grade 12 Christian Formation Classes have been cancelled through the end of this school year. We want to Thank You for making Christian formation a priority for your family. A special Thank You to all of our teachers and coordinators for their dedication and commitment to the program. We will be in contact with parents of students who are to receive First Communion and Confirmation as soon as we can.
Please read the Archbishop's letter regarding the outbreak below or by clicking HERE.
Mass Sign Up
Sunday, May 24, 2020 - Ascension Sunday
Act of Spiritual Communion
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
St. Mary Video Masses available here:
- Wednesday and Friday weekday Masses
- Sunday Masses
Online / TV / Radio Masses:
- 5:30am Fox 6 (WITI) TV Mass
- 7:00am My 24 (WVTV) TV Mass
- 9:00am My 24 (WVTV) TV Mass
- 9:00am 920AM (WOLF) Radio Mass
- 11:00am EWTN TV Mass
- 11:00am Fox 6 (WITI) Live-streamed Mass from St. John the Evangelist Cathedral, Milwaukee
- 11:00am Cathedral website: www.StJohnCathedral.org (Staying Connected) Live-streamed Mass
The St. Mary Parish Office is open 8:30am - 3:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30 - Noon Friday. If this changes, we will notify you immediately. Thank you and stay well.
If you are new to the area or looking for a parish, consider joining us. Call the parish office to receive more information. New parishioner registration takes place after the 8am Mass the second Sunday of each month.
Parish Census - St. Mary, Kenosha