Catholic Stewardship Appeal
A Message from the Archdiocese
Current Status: PHASE 2
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges as our churches have been opened to the public.
The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for Catholics expired on September 14, 2020. Therefore, Catholics are obliged to return to Sunday worship the following weekend [September 19/20]. A dispensation remains for grave reasons, such as illness or the care of those who are sick (CCC #2181).
- Attendance is limited by your ability to effectively maintain social distancing in relation to church capacity. To maximize safety, entry to the church will be denied once that limit has been reached. Standing in available spaces will not be permitted.
- If a person is ill, especially during this pandemic, they should remain at home. Likewise, if a person is at risk because of age, underlying medical conditions, or a compromised immune system, one would be excused from the obligation. If a person is caring for a sick person, even if they are not sick, they would be excused from the obligation out of charity. Fear of getting sick, in and of itself, does not excuse someone from the obligation. However, if the fear is generated because of at-risk factors, such as pre-existing conditions, age or compromised immune systems, then the fear would be sufficient to excuse from the obligation. Live-stream and radio broadcasts of Mass will continue for those who stay home.
- All those defined by the health department as more vulnerable (i.e., 60+ years of age, those with compromised immune systems, those with underlying health conditions, those who are especially anxious about being in a large group, etc.) are encouraged to stay home.
- Anyone with fever or flu-like symptoms is asked to stay at home.
- To increase safety, we encourage you to wear a mask and suggest that you bring hand sanitizer if possible. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you by the parish.
- Church doors will be unlocked a half-hour before each scheduled Mass.
- Please remain at your seat during the distribution of Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed to individuals at their seats.
- Hand sanitizer is to be used before the distribution of Communion.
- The Precious Blood will not be distributed.
- Social-distancing of a minimum of six feet between people not living in the same household must be followed. Please be respectful of the space of others.
- Please remain in your places except to use the restroom.
WeShare Online Giving
A safe, socially distant, and simple way to continue to support St. Mary’s parish during this time is to use our online donation tool, WeShare. You can create a recurring donation or a one-time donation. You will find WeShare here. Father Roman appreciates those of you who are able to continue to support the parish.
TAKE & HEAT LASAGNA DINNER
Fr. Roman Recommends
Fr. Roman's Book Club
The Catholic Comeback
Weekend Mass Sign Up
You no longer need to sign up for in-person Sunday Masses. When you come in to Mass, please be respectful and safely distance your family from others.
6th Sunday of Easter Mass (Live-streamed at 4pm Sat, May 8):
Ascension Sunday Mass (Live-streamed at 4pm Sat, May 15):
Watch our Sunday Mass live-streamed on FaceBook
Act of Spiritual Communion
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
New Weekday Mass Times
- Saturday at 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- Sunday at 8:00am & 10:30am
- 8am Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
St. Mary Live-Stream Masses available:
- Weekend Mass (Live-stream 4pm Sat)
- 8am Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Masses
St. Mark Live-Stream Masses available:
- 9:30am Monday & Wednesday (school Mass)
Online / TV / Radio Masses:
- 5:30am Fox 6 (WITI) TV Mass
- 7:00am My 24 (WVTV) TV Mass
- 9:00am My 24 (WVTV) TV Mass
- 9:00am 920AM (WOKY) Radio Mass
- 11:00am EWTN TV Mass
- 11:00am Cathedral website: www.StJohnCathedral.org (Staying Connected) Live-streamed Mass
Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 3:00pm
Friday 8:30 - 12 Noon
If you are new to the area or looking for a parish, consider joining us. Call the parish office at 262.694.6018 to receive more information.
Info Update - St. Mary, Kenosha
If you need to update your personal information, please contact the Parish Office at (262) 694-6018, Ext. 0